Wednesday, April 4, 2007

a damp of excrement on a tissue paper

I failed in the bar exam.

I feel bad. No, that’s an understatement. I feel like ten frat men hit me on the gut a hundred times.

In the movie Sideways, there is a scene where the lead actor, fraught with so many frustrations in life, bottled up violent emotions, finally vented, cried hysterically to his friend and uttered the words:

“I am just tiny damp of excrement on a tissue paper, desperately reaching out to the sea.”

I spout the same words. I shed copious tears. I am weak. I blame my mother for raising me weak. Right now I want to return to her bosom and cry like a baby and she would hug me, hush and assure me that everything is gonna be alright.

I don’t know what went wrong. I have assembled my arsenal for the battle. I failed. This is my greatest defeat and everything around me just crumbled.

I am ashamed of the people around me: those people who have been counting on me, relatives and friends who have been supporting me one way or another. I am ashamed of my brother who is working on the other side of the word to support me during and after the bar exam. I feel bad that victory and joy I should have given to my already old parents had eluded them. I hope it will not be too late.

“What does not kill you will make you stronger”. “Life isn’t over after that single exam” “Everything happens for a reason. Accept and move on.”

I wish those kind words could ease the pain and frustration I feel.

I am such total failure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know you might hate to hear this (or rather read this) but i'm rooting for you.i was really happy that you took time to congratulate me even if circumstances warrant the other. i really appreciate it lante.